GLASS SYSTEMS // EGLAS – Warm Glass
EGLAS – Warm Glass
Eglas by Saint Gobain
THERMAL COMFORT INSIDE EGLAS by Saint Gobain has been designed to provide heat from the glass, improving the thermal comfort inside the building. Depending on the type of application and the glass structure, EGLAS can fulfil the following functions:
- Snow melting
- Thermal comfort
Main heating EGLAS was developed in 1986 in Finland. The working principle of ‘warm glass’ is based on the application of two factors: electric current, and a layer of metal oxides, applied on one surface of the glass. Electronically-controlled low-emissivity coating converts electrical power into heat. Depending on its composition, it can direct heat outward or inward to: melt falling snow, prevent condensation, or constitute a source of heat.
The “heating” surface of the double or triple glazing is low-emissivity glass: when stimulated by electrodes, tin oxide thinly coated over the inner face, on the side of the vacuum (filled with Argon), radiates heat toward the opposite face.
Eglas is suitable for applications where there is high moisture content in the air and where the temperature variation between the two faces of the glass is sufficient to cause condensation.
Indoor swimming pools, kitchens, aquariums, glasshouses and winter gardens, glass roofs, display windows, airport control towers, lighthouses, etc.
INDUSTRY AND TRANSPORT:
Refrigerated display units, cold rooms, laboratories, observation windows, trains, ships, etc.
- Total and uninterrupted enjoyment of landscape and sky in all climates
- Physical design integrity in the natural environment
- System security and durability: more than 20 years’ experience in extreme climates
- Multiple applications:
- Heating: space-saving and esthetically pleasing, eliminating the need for radiators
- Anti-condensation: cleanness and transparency of the glass
- Snow melting: the freedom to increase window surface area and interior light; an end to added weight, obstructed light, chemicals, falling snow and ice
- Eco-footprint: recyclable components, minimal thermal loss, reduced CO2 emissions
- “Plug & Play” installation requiring no more than two QUANTUM GLASS™ certified contractors
- An international network of certified installers – the guarantee of Saint-Gobain
Need a FREE quote or more information?
Our industry professionals would love to help!